Another summer rolls around in Texas… you’re in Austin… it’s hot and you’re looking for a fun place to take the kids to cool off. On top of that, it would be nice if you could also fit in some fun and relaxation. Look no further than Hawaiian Falls Pflugerville!
Hawaiian Falls Pflugerville is one of the newest of seven water parks that Hawaiian Falls operates in Texas. It is located about 30 minutes north of downtown Austin, near the intersection of I-45 and SH-130.
What’s At Hawaiian Falls Pflugerville?
Hawaiian Falls Pflugerville is a water park and adventure park. Therefore, it has…
Hawaiian Falls Pflugerville has a total of eleven water rides…
- There are 7 exciting tube rides. Four have a height restriction of minimum 42 inches, and the other three tube rides have a restriction of 48 inches.
- The Reef Racer is a 6-lane racing slide. Racers must be at least 42 inches tall.
- There is a very nice wave pool called Breaker Beach.
- The lazy river, called Pfluger Cooler, is a great place to just cool off and relax. I did many loops on this one!
- Then there is a shallow open pool, called Splashwater Harbor, that is nice for lounging about and hanging out with the little ones.
We enjoyed every single one of those rides during the day that we spent there.
Access to the adventure park is included in water park admission ticket, and features six great attractions:
- The Big Island Adventure Trail has 18 rope bridges and tunnels to climb over and through.
- The Ropes Challenge Course has various ropes activities on various levels, ranging in heights of 2 – 60 feet off the ground.
- The Pineapple Express Zip Tour is a 500-foot zip line that spans across the park.
- The Cliffhanger Free Fall lets you jump off a 7-story tower and free-fall to the ground. Don’t worry, there is a braking system that stops you safely before you get to the ground! 😉
- Captain Cook’s Mast Climb is a 30-foot high rope ladder that requires a bit a of skill and determination to climb to the top.
- Mount Pfluger Rock Wall is a 36-foot rock climbing wall that will challenge most climbers.
Keep in mind that closed-toe shoes and a shirt are required to enter the adventure park. There are also height restrictions on these attractions.
One thing that I really enjoy about Hawaiian Falls Pflugerville is that you’re allowed to take your own cooler into the park for a $10 fee. The food can be snacks only, meaning no pre-cooked food. You also can’t take any glass containers.
If you prefer to buy your food there, they have two food places where you can buy pizza, hamburgers, hot dogs, barbecue, and so on.
Parking is only $5 for the day and gives easy access to the park.
Beating The Heat
Remember, this is Texas and it does get hot in the summer. Take flip-flops or water shoes to protect your feet from hot sidewalks. Also take hats and sun screen. Be sure to drink plenty of water while at the park.
We have been to Hawaiian Falls Pflugerville and had an absolute blast for a whole day. I’m sure you will too!
Here is what others think too.
Have you been to Hawaiin Falls Pflugerville before? Tell us about it in the comments…