If you visited Fun Things To Do In Texas prior to April 4, 2017, you will have noticed a big change in the website on and after April 4.
I want to take a moment to explain what the differences are…
In A Nutshell
What Has Changed?
- The site has a new look to go along with the other changes.
- We simplified the URL (web address) by changing from www.fun-things-texas.com to funthingstexas.com (no more hyphens and no more www).
- We added a directory to the site to allow tourist businesses (attractions, hotels, restaurants, etc.) to create and manage their own listing pages. This means we can now cover all of Texas and not only a few selected cities.
- We have a new Events section that follows the same design and function as the directory. (All upcoming events from the old system were moved into the new system).
- The menu items, Things To Do, Accommodation (formerly Hotels), and Food & Drink (formerly Restaurants) now show listings for those categories, plotted on a map, and… (see point 6)
- We converted all the “Things To Do,” “Hotels,” and “Restaurant” pages for covered cities into blog posts. They can now be found under the same categories in the Blog.
- We removed the weather pages for the cities we covered on the old website.
What Has Not Changed?
- All of articles previously found in the Blog are still there, with more to follow.
What’s The Big Deal?
We are very excited about these changes because…
- The directory makes it possible for tourist businesses across the entire Texas to be listed on the site. That gives so many more options for you to consider when planning your Texas vacation.
- The new search features are so much more powerful, making it much easier for you to locate things to do, accommodation, or food & drinks establishments near you.
- You will be able to review any tourist businesses that you have visited, thereby helping your fellow tourists to make better choices about their vacations. In this way, everyone helps each other.
We hope that this new version of Fun Things To Do In Texas brings immense value to you. Use it to plan your best Texas vacation ever!